EF English First Video Competition
Participation and Submission
*Group submissions are permitted, but only one person can claim the prize. In the event of a duo or group winning, one winner can claim the prize and then split the costs of other flights with partners.
Submitted videos should incorporate the theme “My Life in China”. This is up to your interpretation as to how you would like to present your video. However, this video should depict your typical week in China. This can range from before/after school, within school, and other activities you’re involved in. Like the competition poster says, you can include these topics: work, play, travel, food, apartment, and other.
1. Video submissions must not infringe copyright in any way, videos must be original, and the rights must be owned by the applicant. (Copyright includes video, images, and music.)
• If the applicant has the commercial usage license, or the collateral is free to use commercially through creative commons license, this must be specified.
2. Videos must not cover sensitive topics, include any illegal behavior, or be filmed in restricted areas.
• This includes culturally sensitive topics specific to China and must not be inflammatory.
3. Students are allowed to be filmed. (Permission may be needed in some schools, and the applicant is responsible for securing permission.)
Shortlisting and Announcing the Winner
1. Finalists will be shortlisted by the Teacher Recruitment and Training Team.
2. The winner will be announced on Friday, November 2, 2018 and the judge’s decision is final.
3. The applicant who submits the winning video will win a 7-day trip to Hollywood, OR another trip of equal value (13,000 RMB).
4. The 13,000RMB budget will cover flights and accommodation in Los Angeles, California (or your choice of location).
5. The winner is responsible for their own transportation to and from the airports in China and Los Angeles/your destination of choice. As well any additional costs of the trip; including but not limited to food, souvenirs, additional transportation and tours.
6. The winner is responsible for sourcing hotel accommodation and travel insurance. You will need to pay for own accommodation and then you can claim back through our TRT cost string.
7. TRT will book the flights through EF Staff Travel.
8. The winner must be a full-time employee and have accrued enough annual leave. This must be approved by line managers.
9. Be aware that the winner may not be able to travel during summer or winter course (for kids and teens schools).
10. Flights and accommodation must be booked by the end of 2018 and approved by line managers and TRT.
11.The travel voucher prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-changeable. Prize must be redeemed and used before September 1, 2019.
1. Video submissions may be featured on the EF website and our social media channels
• Video submissions may be edited by teacher recruitment for use on our website and social media
2. You are required to sign an EF video consent and release form with your permission for EF to post your video on our social media channels.
HOW THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED
The videos will be judged on the following criteria:
Does the Video Follow the Guidelines?
1. Does the video run within the 5-minute time limit?
2. Is the information in the video accurate?
3. Are there any copyrighted materials in the video?
4. Does the video include the applicant's name, school and email?
1. Does the video connect with the viewer and does the video engage them?
2. Does the video fulfil its aims and stay relevant to the topic following a narrative or story?
3. Does the video keep viewers’ attention?
4. Is the video original and innovative?