Thank you so much for your interest in my blog post! I wanted to add a little about me so maybe we can be friends. As you can tell by my post title, I love languages. I am an American born Chinese and currently living in the United States. This will change hopefully by January 2018! I am suppose to be in Guangzhou then so I am totally stoked.
Hmm. Let's see. What else about me? I really enjoy:
- Reading - anything and everything! as long as it peaks my interest, I am willing to give it a go! SciFi fiction, fantasy, young adult, historical fiction, all of it!
- Listening to music - this includes attending concerts, and any kind of musical event! Always down to find new music :)
- Cooking - I love food PERIOD it brings me happiness and so much joy to feed and eat with others
- Languages - I really want to try to learn and become fluent in 5 languages! I grew up speaking Cantonese and English so those are my main two! I studied Spanish for 6 years in grade school, and then studied in Italy for a bit in college. I am still working on Cantonese, Italian, and Spanish, but that is the fun of it!
- Traveling - This is totally self-explanatory
- Outdoors - I am one with nature and nature is one with me! Camping, building fires, kayaking, hiking, and all of the above
- Being Active - I am not very good at sports, but I enjoy running, going to the gym, and anything that pushes me to better myself
- Volunteering - I spend a lot of my time volunteering weekly at our local community garden so ask me about compost and worms! If I am not there, I am at the local animal shelter working with dogs on obedience training or with our new friends and neighbors working on conversational English! I want to change the world and do good.
So that is basically me in a nutshell! There is a lot more to me than the list above. I will try to continue this topic in future post, but please feel free to slide into my DMs (haha...) if you want to chat! I would love to learn about you as well! Thanks for reading and I hope we become friends. - Meeshie