TRT Teacher Referral Program Terms and Conditions – from any current EF Education First staff member (including EF English First)
Instructions: Please fill in your friend's information online at:
To refer an International teacher, the candidate must have a bachelor's degree, teaching experience, a clear criminal background check and a passport from: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United States of America or the United Kingdom.
To refer a local teacher for China, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, TEM8 for English majors, the CET6 for non-English majors, 1-year teaching experience and a National Teacher Certificate preferred.
- Should your referral lead to a new full-time hire, EF will give you a referral bonus (paid with your monthly salary and taxed) paid as follows:
- 3000 RMB of bonus amount after the new referral arrives and signs a master employment contract with EF in China*
- Payment is subject to local tax.
- Both the referral and person who made the referral must still be EF employees at the time of the bonus payment for it to be received.
- If the arrival in China occurs after the payroll cut-off for that month, payment will be made the following month.
- Only one bonus will be awarded per referral. The payment cannot be split among multiple persons.
- In the event that multiple staff members refer the same candidate, the first submitted through the referral form will be used.
- To be valid, all referrals must be entered through www.englishfirst.com/refer prior to the candidate interviewing with EF.
- If a candidate has applied to work or worked with EF in any capacity in the past, the employee is not eligible for the referral bonus.
- The person submitting the referral will not be eligible for the bonus if they will directly manage or will be directly involved in the hiring process for the candidate.
- Referrals will only be paid for full-time salaried hires working within China owned schools.
- If the candidate is placed in an EF China franchise school, a 1500 RMB referral award will be paid to the referrer in the form of Amazon gift cards after the referral has past probation
* Only applicable to referrers currently working for EF English First
Rent Free Month Referral Contest
- Rent up to 4,000RMB will be paid for one month, in the month you win the contest.
- Winner will be contacted by TRT marketing by Thursday, April 5th.
- Winner will receive payment same as a normal referral bonus is paid.
- A copy of your housing contract needs to be submitted to TRT marketing in order to verify the amount of your apartment/room before payment is made.
- If your rent is less than 4,000RMB and your apartment is shared, proof of rent is required to verify your portion of rent
- If your rent is more than 4,000RMB only 4,000RMB will be paid for
- Rent-free month only applies to one winner, and cannot be shared amongst friends/roommates.
- Lucky draw entries will be based on a successful referral (via www.englishfirst.com/refer and meets our EF requirements). If your friends receive an offer from one of our EF recruiters, this entitles you to one lucky draw ticket.